Friday, March 30, 2012

Detox Diet - Final Day

This being the last day of the detox, I determined that I would take the day for me. I slept in a bit and took my first morning walk of the year with my dog in complete sunlight. Everything was so green and bright. I have been amazed how much has happened in these past 10 days. So many new happenings, trees in bloom, birds coming around again in full force, and a new scent in the air.

I am also surprised at what has happened to me. I feel like I am a person that sets and meets his goals - but willpower with food has always been my downfall. In the past 10 days I have turned down all of the food that I have come to love and over-enjoy. The force of my will came much easier than I ever expected it to. A few cravings here and there were easily pushed away by a determination to work with myself.

This experiment, however, is far beyond food. This detox, instead, has shown me the importance of new beginnings, reflection, and meditation. My fears, anxieties, and doubt can disappear to instead bring a concentration and focus to the work that I try so hard to avoid in my daily life. This detox has helped to create a new beginning; a beginning to the season, a new focus, a new energy, and a new example for determination. The bi-product is the beautiful bloom of spring that can be found around me and inside of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment