Saturday, March 24, 2012

Detox Diet - Day 4

Today was a practice in opposites. My day began with a mad dash out of the house. We were off to a family gathering, then to a restaurant for lunch. Thankfully, I made my tea and had my two glasses of water. I even made a fruity-delicious liver cleansing drink. Without these I would have been lost. Perhaps the mad dash was due to all of this liquid preparation?

When we made it to the meal, I was hungry again. Everyone was drinking wine - there was even a glass bought for me that I had to politely refuse. Then the meal was served (buffet style). 3 meat options (which included pasta or veg) and salad.

I immediately gravitated to the salad. I could not eat everything in the salad (tomatoes and mushrooms) or the dressing. For this reason I got many looks and questions. This did not bother me - what bothered me was the host of cravings that followed.

Craving 1: Meat. I haven't eaten it in a while, I suppose I was due for a craving

Craving 2: Cheese, which led to

Craving 3: Pizza

I tried not to think about it and made myself a beautiful roasted vegetable lunch with greens and sprouts when I got home.

Then my mood switched and I had some alone time. I spent some time meditating and looking out at the river. I am still fascinated how quickly my focus turns inward this week, especially when I give myself time for myself.

Frankie (my faithful pug) and I took a nice walk afterward and had a wonderful run in with a bird. (for those of you who haven't noticed, the birds came back all at once). This particular bird was sitting on the grass when Frankie and I walked by. He (I have determined he is a male - no science behind this whatsoever) hopped into the tree above where he settled so comfortably. We stopped to watch him, Frankie taking a seat on the grass.

We then proceed to have a staring competition that lasted a few minutes. The bird finally gave in with a chirp and a flourish - victory is mine.

What I learned today:

- There will be temptations along this journey

- Roasted veggies are a perfectly acceptable alternative to meat

- I need practice steeping tea

- I now think staring competitions with birds are interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment