Friday, March 30, 2012

Detox Diet - Day 9

I woke up this morning feeling out of sorts. After such a long day, my body and mind were a little tired. I drank my water and took the walk with my dog and slowly felt myself coming back to normal. After a great sitting, I started my day.

I was the only one in the office today, which provided some nice quiet and peace. I found time on my lunch break to perform a few slow asana and a long savasana. My body settled very quickly and I found myself incredibly calm yet alert.

After work I attended the Thursday night class at Karuna, where the class was concentrating on Pratyahara again. Allowing time to move inward. Prior to class, Eileen shared that while Pratyahara is a quieting of the senses and a moving inward, it makes us better when being with others and reacting in the outside world. I feel like this detox has been just that. My body feels so clean and prepared to meet the challenges that Spring brings. I feel like I am also able to notice its beauty and enjoy what is to come.

What I learned today:
  • I can get energy without protein

  • I have to make time for me and for quiet

No comments:

Post a Comment