Thursday, February 13, 2014

Nothing exists but this moment

There is a saying that nothing exists but this moment. While this may be true, my mind thinks differently. I learned from my experience the other day at the fireplace that I no longer have to react negatively to this truth. 

When I sat to meditate today, I decided to think of the situation as funny: every time my brain jumps to something in the future, I decide to take it lightly. I typically get upset when I watch my mind do this. I have decided to change my reaction to that of old friends who love eachother for their flaws.  I am trying to be content with things that bring me discontent. I will try to disconnect myself from that feeling of frustration - so I feel the best thing I can do is the opposite, love my mind for what it is. I do feel like my mind is trying to do good, it just doesn't know how to stop and stay present. 

Om gam Ganapatayei Namaha!

No comments:

Post a Comment