Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Month of Shoulder Stand - Day 16

This week I have been working regularly with chair shoulder stand and its variations. There is nothing like shoulder stand to feel completely on top of your shoulders. I have been working with blocks under the shoulders, blankets under the shoulders, and a bolster over the shoulders. My favorite variation at the moment is coming into Nira Lamba Sarvangasana - lifting the torso away from the chair, so that my torso is completely vertical.

Being in a completely vertical line gives the pose a different feel altogether - deeper Jalandara Bandha, less curvature of the Lumbar spine, but if done right, the chest can be just as open.

My new mission - try using taller props in traditional shoulder stand.

No comments:

Post a Comment